Championship Details Posted
NRHA $100,000-added World Champion Shootout presented by Equine Sports Medicine
OKLAHOMA CITY, (NRHA) – Reining enthusiasts: make plans to be in Oklahoma City on Thursday, Nov. 29 for the $100,000-added National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) World Championship Shootout presented by Equine Sports Medicine. This event is an “Open to the World” class where the top reining horses compete in a dramatic showdown for a winning estimated purse of $30,000. The Shootout is one of the largest, added-money NRHA Category 1 classed in the world and is scheduled during the 2012 NRHA Futurity & Adequan® North American Affiliate Championship Show. In addition to crowning the Shootout champion, NRHA will also honor the 2012 NRHA Open World Champion at the event in front of the biggest live Reining audience in the world.
- Category 1 Top Ten Open class
- Held as a ticketed event on Thursday, November 29
- Will pay $30,000 est.* to the winner (using NRHA Payback schedule B)
- Nov. 5 entry deadline = $2,120 entry fee ($100 judges fee and $20 video fee included)
- Late entry payment: if entry is received after Nov. 5 and before the class closing deadline = $2,320 ($100 judges fee and $20 video fee and $200 late fee)
* Estimating 30 horses entered.
Incorporated in 1966, the National Reining Horse Association is the standard setting body of the sport of Reining. NRHA, with their international headquarters in Oklahoma City, is responsible for promoting the sport of Reining and working to ensure the highest standards of competition. To learn more about the NRHA, its programs and family of corporate partners, visit nrha.com.